Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ten Favorite TV Shows Pt. 1: The Wonder Years





This show just completely floors me with its honesty about childhood. The only other show able to touch it is Freaks & Geeks. It doesn't hurt that it's set in my favorite period of history (late 60's to early 70's).

Favorite episode(s): The Accident, Goodbye, Don't You Know Anything About Women?, The Journey



Favorite character: Danica McKellar was my first TV crush, but her character in retrospect (& Fred Savage's for that matter) always had those head-slap moments. Kevin treating Margaret Farquar like garbage, Winnie cheating on Kevin, and so on. The genius of the show is showing how parallel your life is to it. I had my own Margaret Farquar in grammar school. & I could relate to countless episodes of this show. I'm sure everyone could relate to something on The Wonder Years. Which, in the end, is what gives the show its mass appeal. Regardless of the period setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment