Sunday, August 15, 2010

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World is based off the comics of the same name. After hearing Edgar Wright was signed on as director, my curiosity peaked. He is responsible for Spaced (British TV series), Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. All of which contain a vibrant, kinetic energy so bringing that to a comic book adaptation intrigued me. I checked out some of the comics and tried envisioning how they would be able to pull it off in a live action setting.

What I got when I first saw Scott Pilgrim far exceeded my expectations. First of all the editing and scene transitions are incredibly inventive. Wright improves on each film and here he is on his A game. The film was able to mold the music, sounds, and video game aesthetic of a generation. I've never seen a film quite like this one and I have a feeling there are going to be many imitators of its style later on. Michael Cera is alot better than in his previous works and the supporting cast of evil exes, Sex-Bobombs and Knives Chau were good. This is a great example of an excellent comic book adaptation.


Oh and one other thing, the Vegan police rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment